So finally they did it. Now blogging in India's National language (Hindi), Marathi and Sanskrit has become even more easy. Great job guys !
Many may find a problem FireFox and Devanagari script. FireFox doesn't seem to render joined Devanagari letters correctly, at least on Windows. IE works just fine.
Entering 'kya kar rahe ho. ' in the blogger.com's post editor window in FireFox gives this:
Where as it should give this:
The correct output is from IE. Both browsers were set to UTF-8 Encoding. The above problem can be seen for words like 'hindi'. Here again FireFox fails to render the correct output.
I found a solution which I am yet to try out here:
Also one more piece of advice that I would like to give Google, is to make transliteration tools available on their website. Adding spell-check is also a great idea (am I asking for too much).
For more on Transliteration tools for Indian Languages: